Can't transfer service without a termination & termination fee?
Diana_Lynn_H

I moved Jan. 6 and called verizon to transfer my DSL and home phone. I didn't change zip codes - bought a house .2 miles from my previous address. I have an early termination fee on my account because they say my contract is only good for the address that I signed up for it with ?  I wanted to keep the same exact services/bundles, just have them transferred to my new address - but to do that they have to charge an early termination fee?

0 Likes
Re: Can't transfer service without a termination & termination fee?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Diana_Lyn_H

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
Re: Can't transfer service without a termination & termination fee?
dorisday777

You should not have been charged an early termination fee if you are keeping the same services as your old location. The representative who issued your order probably did a new line order instead of a move order. When you call I would make sure 1. that your old account is indeed cancelled and 2. that the ETF is waived because you did move your service with you to the new address. 

0 Likes