Cancel or Waive money back
unreasonable
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I recently installed fios and noticed that I got charged for the $99 installation fee since I ordered over phone. They honestly did not install anything since the device was there even before I moved in and I used my own router. So angry when they refused to refund me and hope to cancel the service. Currently they have the no servce fee promotion online and you can also get a gift card (to reimburse the $99 I have paid out...), I am very hestitate if I should cancel and open a new one. Is there anyone who sucessfully waived the installation fee before or any advice on how to negotiate with them? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Cancel or Waive money back
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are within 30 days of service activation, you can cancel with no penalty.

But they may not offer you the new deal becasue it may say only for new customers.

If there is someone else in the house that could order service in their name, they nmight be able to get the existing deal.

unreasonable
Enthusiast - Level 1

I asked the cancellation service center and they told me no cancllation fee would be upon, but I heard they might hit your credit score somehow?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@unreasonable wrote:

I asked the cancellation service center and they told me no cancllation fee would be upon, but I heard they might hit your credit score somehow?

It will not hit your credit score as long as your bill is paid in full on leaving and have written proof. Verizon has been known to send closed accounts to collections saying the last invoice was never paid. Then it would show up on your three credit bureaus.

0 Likes