Cancelled service but no one will give me an order number to return equipment!
lynng3

I had landline phone and internet service. On 2/10/2020 I ported my phone number to a different service. On 2/12/2020 I called 844-837-2622 to cancel both phone and internet, and asked where to return the router. I was given an 'order' number and tried to return the router to the Verizon TCC store. The store refused to accept the router because they couldn't find the cancel/disconnect order, and said the number I was given is not an 'order' number.  I called Verizon again. I was told by 'Jackie' that the ICN number is in fact not an order number, and that my internet service had been suspended when I ported my phone number out. The ICN is an internal ticket number to reinstate my internet service so it could be cancelled.  Jackie said this would take a day or two, and I would receive an email with the proper order number so I could return my equipment. Now it is Monday, 5 days later, I still don't have a order number... I called Verizon yet again...  Spoke to 'John'. He said that the service will not be cancelled until 10 days after it was suspended, and there's no action that can make it happen faster. Do all three of these people work for the same company? Why have they all told me different things? I will be leaving town for several weeks on 2/21/20 and need to return the router before I go. How can I accomplish this?

0 Likes
Re: Cancelled service but no one will give me an order number to return equipment!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lynng,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes