Cannot Connect or Get Thrown Off 2.4 ghz Network
DebPlume

Verizon FIOS routers totally suck. I have two one at my home and one at my office several blocks away. IN BOTH CASES I either a. cannot connect to 2.4 gz OR b I get thrown off the 2.4gz. So there is no way I can print or use other devices. 

I AM SO DONE WITH VERIZON -- 2 hours on the phone and the best they can do is blame my mac -- REALLY?????????

Total **bleep**

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Connect or Get Thrown Off 2.4 ghz Network
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're seeing issues with a Mac, log into your router and make sure the DTIM interval is set to 3 for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. You'll find this under the Advanced Wireless Settings. Also, connect your Mac to the 5Ghz network and not 2.4Ghz network unless you need 2.4Ghz.

0 Likes
SADresser
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm seeing the same issues.  See the details of my problem here.:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/G1100-2-4-wifi-slow-or-impossible-to-connect/td-p/877774

0 Likes
KGOT118

I was having the same issue, started 2-3 weeks ago as well. My wifi extender also stopped working.  Yesterday I got a new wifi extender, thought the issue was that.

Luckliy, I found this thread, after reading the posts. 

I just went into my router settings and disabled the 2.4ghz network which disable all internet. I had to plug in my ethernet cable signed back into router setting, re-enabled the 2.4ghz network and now I'm able to connect to the 2.4ghz network with no issue and also my old wifi extender works again

0 Likes