Cannot access a regular server.
Backchat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday evening, after logging off of a forum that I administrate with a friend, I found that I could no longer log back on. I also could not log onto anything else on that same server though I can pull up any other pages that I wish, just none associated with that server.

We've checked with Support for that server and my IP is in no way blocked. None of my three computers in my house can reach the server, though everyone else who usually uses it report that they can access it just fine.

Two of my computers use Norton the third does not so I don't think it's a security issue from the actual computer.

I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and IE. I've tried scrubbing all the cookies and history.

At the direction of my friend, I ran a traceroute and a ping.  Both were able to make it to the remote server with no problems or errors.  The only problem seems to be that Web requests don't make it through.

Any possibility that it might be a Verizon issue? I'm really searching for a fix here and I don't think an automated agent will properly understand the question. I'd rather go in for prolonged dental work than try to explain this to 'Peggy' in Mumbai.

Help appreciated if anyone can figure this out.

Re: Cannot access a regular server.
Backchat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nevermind. I finally turned my modem and router off for a bit and then back on and now everything appears to be fine. Nothing to see here...