Cannot connect to openoffice.org.
Zhiv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been trying to connect to OpenOffice.org now for about an hour.  I ran the troubleshooter that comes with Internet Explorer, and it's telling me that my ISP's DNS server is wonky.  But I use Chrome regularly.  I only used IE to see if it was a browser issue, which it is not.  Any Ideas?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot connect to openoffice.org.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

OpenOffice.org is online and doing well on my end. What I would suggest trying, if you haven't already, is to configure your PC to use 3rd party DNS servers instead of the DNS proxy on your router/modem. I suggest using 4.2.2.1 , 4.2.2.2 , 4.2.2.3 , 4.2.2.4 , 4.2.2.5 , 4.2.2.6 , 8.8.4.4 , or 8.8.8.8. If you need help on how to configure your PC to use something else besides the default DNS servers, please tell us which operating system you are using.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Zhiv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've also downloaded the In Home Verizon application to see if it can see anything.  Still having issues connecting.  Maybe openoffice is down, but I will try again in 8 hours.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

OpenOffice.org is online and doing well on my end. What I would suggest trying, if you haven't already, is to configure your PC to use 3rd party DNS servers instead of the DNS proxy on your router/modem. I suggest using 4.2.2.1 , 4.2.2.2 , 4.2.2.3 , 4.2.2.4 , 4.2.2.5 , 4.2.2.6 , 8.8.4.4 , or 8.8.8.8. If you need help on how to configure your PC to use something else besides the default DNS servers, please tell us which operating system you are using.

0 Likes
Zhiv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will consider this.  Currently I'm running Win7-64bit Ultimate.  I know how to change these settings and will give them a go later.

Thanks!