Cannot connect to xbox live.
Solo84
Enthusiast - Level 1
I was on the phone for about three hours today, with both microsoft and verizon. Still no xbox live on any of the consoles. Completed endless tests from rebooting and repowering and even firewall router and modem settings ports and port forwarding. Verizon tells me the pings come back fine from my router and everything should be in working order. Microsoft tried everything in their power to resolve the issue and could not. Microsoft said their must be a routing issue somewhere between them and Verizon. Still not connecting to xbox live...
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot connect to xbox live.
OffDutyTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

connect to a public DNS like google. 4.4.4.4

should do the trick

View solution in original post

OffDutyTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

connect to a public DNS like google. 4.4.4.4

should do the trick

acaraba2

Not really much help, but

I had the same problem occur today for me. I haven't a chance to call Verizon about it. I have 2 xbox 360 and neither want to connect to live, neither does Games for Windows Live on my PC. My xbox one connects fine with absolutely no problem. I hoping it fixes itself tomorrow. I am trying a few more things myself before I call tomorrow when I get off work. I will post if I get anything to fix it. I hope you would post if they come up with solution i before get the chance to call myself.

0 Likes
Solo84
Enthusiast - Level 1
It still does not work. The xbox connects to the internet but not to live and I get an error code to reset my router.
0 Likes
Solo84
Enthusiast - Level 1
The public DNS did in fact work when done correctly...thank you off duty tech.
0 Likes
OffDutyTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are very welcome

0 Likes