Change WIFI password
John731

Where do I change the Wifi password login?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Change WIFI password
STS44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I coudln't find it anywhere in the manual.  I did find out how to do it in an older question on this forum.  It is not overly intuitive.  First you log into your router.  Then go to Basic Security Settings.  Go down to section #4 Wi-Fi Security.  Click the WPA2 radio button (even if it is already checked).  This will open up the fields you need to change your wireless password.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@John73 wrote:

Where do I change the Wifi password login?

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/networking/user+guides/user+guides...

Use the link above to find your make of router. Then look it up in the manual.

0 Likes
STS44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I coudln't find it anywhere in the manual.  I did find out how to do it in an older question on this forum.  It is not overly intuitive.  First you log into your router.  Then go to Basic Security Settings.  Go down to section #4 Wi-Fi Security.  Click the WPA2 radio button (even if it is already checked).  This will open up the fields you need to change your wireless password.

jonjones1
Legend

@STS44 wrote:

Page 23 & 24 

0 Likes
STS44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see the initial setup of the router on p. 23-24 in the Fios G1100 router user guide.  Nothing there about how to go back into the router and changing your wireless pw.  Maybe I am missing something but I do not see anything in there describing how to actually do it.

https://www.verizon.com/supportresources/pdf/VerizonBHR4_UserGuide_01_07_2016.pdf 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Page 42 and 43 shows a step to change SSID and password for wireless.

your link you gave is not functional. Some sort of deny message.

in any case you know how to do what you wanted. There can be many ways to do things at times. Simply amazing.

0 Likes
STS44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry about the link.  I just copied it from the Verizon site.  Should have tested it before I sent it.  Agreed, the pages you listed do show where to go to do this.  Not sure I would have ever figured out that you have to re-check the WPA2 button to get the password fields to show up.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@STS44 wrote:

Sorry about the link.  I just copied it from the Verizon site.  Should have tested it before I sent it.  Agreed, the pages you listed do show where to go to do this.  Not sure I would have ever figured out that you have to re-check the WPA2 button to get the password fields to show up.  Thanks for your help.

😀 it always amazes me how things work. 

0 Likes
vaporland
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you for this. verizon documentation was worthless.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes