Changed HSI Speed
Diaz161

Yesterday I changed the speed of the Internet but when I tried accessing the settings on the web (192.168.1.1) it's the same one that I had before, nothing has been updated and I was wondering If I had to do something to update it manually?

Will it update by itself on the date the service is ready?

Current Speed: 864Kbps / 160 Kbps

Should be: 3.1 - 7 Mbps

Service Ready Date: December 23, 2011

0 Likes
Re: Changed HSI Speed
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Morning,

Yes the due date of the order is when the changes are in affect. Let me know if you are still having any trouble?

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

They can techically apply the speed changes right on the spot, with all of the network settings past the DSLAM applied at the same time. For whatever reason, speed change requests take some time to process, probably due to billing reasons. In my area, speed change requests tend to take anywhere from 1-2 weeks to be processed. FiOS and Cable speed change requests are typically done within a few hours of request.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Yes,

Both FiOS and DSL / HSI provisioning is different, so depending on the type of service will depend on how long it takes to process orders, etc.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.