Changing Verzion Fios Fiber from pole-to-house to buried in already installed conduit.
kradberg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.

I'm doing some construction on my house and as part of this we have decided to get rid of all the cables in the backyard. For this purpose the builder dug a ditch and has installed a pipe/conduit for the Verizion Fios fiber in this ditch.

I spent the better part of an hour on last friday trying to talk to somebody at Verizon and get them to understand what I am trying to get done: I need a Verizon Technician to come out and run fiber from the pole through the conduit to the house.

Does anybody know how to explain this or where to call so that somebody at Verizion will actually understand, because I'm having no luck at all.

Kind regards

Thomas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing Verzion Fios Fiber from pole-to-house to buried in already installed conduit.
kradberg
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree with everything you said. I did finally get a tech scheduled, through a Verizon chat session, and the job is done. It took the tech most of the day, but thats another story!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Changing Verzion Fios Fiber from pole-to-house to buried in already installed conduit.
Hubrisnxs
Legend
That's surprising you had so much trouble. A monkey and a pull string could run a wire through conduit. You'd think that they take those requests a lot. I'd imagine you call in and say I have a problem with the drop hanging from my house. Verizon fios told me to run conduit and they would send a tech to pull the wire through. Can I talk to someone that can schedule a technician visit?
0 Likes
kradberg
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree with everything you said. I did finally get a tech scheduled, through a Verizon chat session, and the job is done. It took the tech most of the day, but thats another story!
0 Likes
Trenchdigger

I am trying to do the same thing and can't get an answer.

0 Likes
Trenchdigger

What size conduit did you install?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes