Charged for installation for no work done
kam_G

I recently moved from an apartment to a new house.  The new house was already wired for Fios. I spoke to Verizon customer service and told them i would like to go with self install option.  The Verizon agent told be there is no self install option available and that a technician has to be scheduled for the installation. The installation date was scheduled for May 2nd from 2PM to 4 PM. On the day of the move i connected my router from the old apartment and connected it in the new house. The internet connection was working fine, so i called and also sent a message to the technician that there is no need to come as the internet connection was working fine.  But now i see an installation charge of 99$ being added to my account. Why is Verizon charging for installation when the technician never entered the house and did any work.

0 Likes
Re: Charged for installation for no work done
jonjones1
Legend

Call them and tell them to remove it.

point out you have a 30 day total satisfaction guarantee and if it’s not removed, simply cancel the service. 

best of luck

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am sorry to hear your experience. There are conditions must be met when you opt for self install. For specifics, check here https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/getting-started/setup-services 

The installation fee is determined at the time of ordering, not on the day of tech visit. There's likely a communication error, so please reach out to Verizon social media support team on Facebook or Twitter.

0 Likes
kam_G

I spent 2 hrs with Verizon customer care explaining that the installation was done by me. But the technician assigned to me marked the ticket as completed so they cannot wave the charges. For all future Verizon customers please make sure you cancel your tech appointment if you do self install.

0 Likes