Cheated by Verizon sales
Ilovepotato

I have been a loyal FiOS customer for five years. I have been given a router. Then one day when I want to upgrade to 100/100, the sales says I need to return the router or demand $12 rental fee. I say to him. I cannot place the order because it will cost me 71dollar monthly. The next day, I called in another sales saying that, you can keep the router. Will not charge the rental fee.  I am so happy and I sign the agreement with 59.99 for 100/100. Several days later, I was told that I need to return the router or fee will be charged. And I called in asking why? The told me the agreement does not include keeping the router. I said that I will not place the order if I know that. I either cancel the order or I keep the router. They told me that if I cancel there will be a fine 165. If you do not return there will be a monthly 12 dollar charge. What a shame of verizon sales. Cheating its five year loyal customer into an agreement. I think it through. If it can not be solved, I will return the router. Cancel the contract and pay the fine. I will never do business with FiOS. I will publish my complaint online to warn other consumer and fill complaint to Better Business Buearo. 

0 Likes
Re: Cheated by Verizon sales
jonjones1
Legend

Don’t pay any early termination fees. Contact the attorney generals office in your location via google search. Also contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission and file a complaint on the verizon business practices.

let them contact verizon and get it resolved.

0 Likes
Re: Cheated by Verizon sales
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ilovepotato,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes