Complaints FIOS guy spitefully loosened the Optimum wires & damaged my shingles!
OPTIMUSPRIME1

FIOS guy purposely pulled down the Optimum wires and damaged my shingles and left the hole in the house open 

not caulked when I told them to come and take their box from the garage and wires off my house. No supervisor ever called me back!  Need to write a formal complaint. 

FIOS every single person was totally unprofessional.  I put in FIOS to save money and the first guy was here for 4 hours and I thought he spent a lot of time on his cell, but thought it was part of the job. Everything didn't work after he left!  2 days later 2 experienced men had to come and install EVERYTHING from the telephone pole and inside my garage was done wrong!  I use for 5 wks to learn the "new stuff" so I could be fair judging and Optimum is better for several reasons too long to list. Weather channel better & faster, changing channels faster, popular channels together, etc. They overcharge one of my bills, ok.    When I decided to cancel, the policy is to LEAVE THE HUGE LIGHTED BOX IN THE GARAGE & ALL THE WIRES FROM THE POLE TO HOUSE AND BOX TO HOUSE IN.  I told them I want that box gone. When I made an appointment, nobody was coming so when I called to check there was NO RECORD OF ME!  I got the bill ok!  It took so long for them to find me! People working the phones show lack of training, really, not exaggerating.  

When the guy came to my house he called my at work to ask in an angry voice, DID I WANT THE BOX OUT OR DID THE OPTIMUM GUY TELL ME TO CALL FOR ITS REMOVAL.  (It creeped me out that he was annoyed!)  Well, when I got home, he had purposely pulled out loosened all the Optimum wires that the Optimum guy did so very nicely!!!  He ripped out the wire from the house but left the hole open with no caulking(he could have just cut it) and he pulled the wire off the house and ripped off actual pieces of the shingles!!!   It's 2 wks and not "supervisor" ever called me back.  I need to do a formal complaint because that is a creepy person working for Verizon going to people's houses. By the way,When I canceled Optimum initially, they came to remove their wires. Staying with Optimum.  

0 Likes
Re: Complaints CHANGE TO OPTIMUM
OPTIMUSPRIME1

I made mistake of changing to FIOS and it was a disaster every step of the way including when I cancelled.  I gave it almost 6 weeks.  BTW, Fios does not come to remove that huge box,  unplug it, remove and recyle the battery and throw away the obox.  Make sure you know which wire you are cutting.  You have to beg them to come and remove the wire and then they don't take the box.  I left it for them and they did not want to take it!  

0 Likes
Re: Complaints FIOS guy spitefully loosened the Optimum wires & damaged my shingles!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi OPTIMUSPRIME,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes