Connect to the internet after computer goes to sleep
RossM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two computers connected; one wired directly to the Verizon router (MI424WR) and one wirelessly. I can connect fine to the router and I can view the administrator function of the router from both machines, however if the computers, either one or both go to sleep I cannot reconnect to the internet unless I reboot the router. Once the router is rebooted I can get back on the internet with no problems. Until that is when the computers go to sleep again. Then I must reboot once again to connect. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Re: Connect to the internet after computer goes to sleep
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Its a PC problem really... If you reboot the PC what happens?  On the wired PC remove the wired connection, wait 5 seconds and then plug it back in.  See if the internet is working again.  

Please let me know

Jim

0 Likes
RossM
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I reboot the PC still no connection to the internet. I have tried disconnecting the desktop from the router...waiting....then reconnecting....still nothing. The only way to get the internet back is to reboot the router. My laptop will connect to other WiFi sources and the internet...just not through the wireless router at home....unless I reboot. 

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has this problem always existed? Does it still happen when you update your NIC drivers?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

What OS are the machines running?

0 Likes