Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 2/10/23 and 4/5/23. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met.
$699.99 (128 GB only) device payment purchase or full retail purchase w/ new smartphone line on One Unlimited for iPhone (all lines on account req'd on plan), 5G Start, 5G Do More, 5G Play More or 5G Get More plan req'd. Less $699.99 promo credit applied over 36 mos.; promo credit ends if eligibility req’s are no longer met; 0% APR.
I just purchased a Nest Wifi and am looking for the best way to set this up on Fios for my current configuration. I have read various methods online but I am not sure if the approaches solve everything. My wi-fi coverage anywhere but my main floor, including outside, is pretty inconsistent so I decided to try the Nest.
I cannot seem to edit my original post, but after reading some other threads, I wonder if the below might work best for my situation.
My goal is to use a Nest Wi-fi with 2 add-on points instead of the G1100 to improve the wi-fi coverage. I have FiOS TV services so would like to maintain guide, on-demand, etc. for now, but would like my setup to work well for when dropping TV services as well. Running a long ethernet cable would be a challenge.
ONT > coax > main splitter
> Room 1 (almost adjacent to ONT) > splitter > STB1 and Fios Network Extender (WCB6200Q)
- I use the ethernet ports on the extender for TV, etc.
> Room 2 (opposite side of the house from ONT) > splitter > STB2 and FiOS router (G1100)
- I use all 4 ethernet ports on my G1100 for my entertainment devices (TV, receiver, Roku, etc.)
1. Purchase 2 FiOS Network Extenders (FNA) from Verizon ($55 each)
2. Run ethernet from ONT to Nest router in Room 1 (this would be a short run so it is doable). Leave coax as-is in ONT.
3. Run ethernet from Nest router to FNA-1 in Room 1. Connect coax to FNA-1. Remove Fios Network Extender (WCB6200Q)
4. Connect coax to FNA-2 in Room 2. Remove the G1100.
5. Ask Verizon to switch internet to Ethernet in the ONT.
1. Would the above be a solution? I was hoping to be able to use the Fios Network Extender (WCB6200Q) without wi-fi just as a MoCA adapter but not sure that's possible.
2. By using the FNAs, would my guide data and on-demand functions work automatically? $110 (for 2) is a lot cheaper than the Actiontec 2 packs for $150-$160 considering I get the ethernet ports I need.
3. If I drop TV services, then add it later with the newer FiOS One boxes, will my setup still work with those? As I understand it, they are a newer version of MoCA.
Any help will be appreciated!