Connecting to Netflix with new router
Ndiscuillo

I just installed my new router and cannot access Netflix wirelessly on my smart tv. I think Netflix is still recognizing the old router. How can I change this? 

0 Likes
Re: Connecting to Netflix with new router
jonjones1
Legend

@Ndiscuillo wrote:

I just installed my new router and cannot access Netflix wirelessly on my smart tv. I think Netflix is still recognizing the old router. How can I change this? 

This is more of a netflix issue but I will try and get you going.

In the tv's wifi setting you need only change the wifi address to your new routers ssid from the new router. And use the new password.

The older router had a different ssid and password for the wifi. So it looks for it instead of your new router.

A work around is also to go into the routers settings and changed the SSID and password to the old SSID and password, from the new one that is being broadcast.

Good Luck

0 Likes
trishcaplan

How do I connect my new router to my netflix on my smart tv

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

As I stated in my prior post you must first turn on the set, and under SETTINGS on your smart tv go to network setup. From there select the SSID of your network that is broadcasted from your router.

after you select the proper SSID you then fill in the password box then click on ok or connect and then your tv has internet access as will Netflix or any other available streaming service on the tv.

you click on Netflix and enter your user name and password and your service should be instant on.

In some cases the Netflix will require a registration setup on the new smart tv. You must follow the instructions to the letter. It will be showing a code that must be entered on the web address it tells you to access via a COMPUTER 

That is all there is to it.

0 Likes