Connecting to Netgear EX2700 Range-Extender?
roger6661

Is there a simple, correct way to connect a Fios router to this extender?  The Netgear instructions are invalid, as none of the referenced "choices" are available on the site "mywifiext.net".

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connecting to Netgear EX2700 Range-Extender?
marineethan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Follow the steps for connecting the ex2700 range extender device.

• First of all you need to on the power of EX2700 extender device.
  • Place your extender device and router in the same room.
  • Now plug your extender device into an electrical outlet.
  • Wait for the Power LED Lights on EX2700 to green.
  • Press the WPS button on the extender device.
  • Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.

Start connecting both devices with each other. Your process is completed.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I recently helped my neighbor set up his which is an older one and I had to connect to it as a wireless network then log in with the website mywifiext.net then just followed the setup as it told me to do.

If it has an ethernet port you can plug it into your computer and set it up that way too. 

User name is probably admin and password is probably password or admin. 

roger6661

Thank you, for your reply, but the "mywifiext.net" just does not have the "links" that the instructions show.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@roger6661 wrote:

Thank you, for your reply, but the "mywifiext.net" just does not have the "links" that the instructions show.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/ex2700.aspx

Try the above link.

Netgear extenders are built for easy setup and auto configuration.

read the set up and or look at the way to actually setup. I have the higher level one but it was just a five minute setup via the instructions.

no website to visit, no issues. 

roger6661

Thank you.  I'll give it the old college try.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@roger6661 wrote:

Thank you.  I'll give it the old college try.

That’s the way....

the good thing is you set it up at your router per instructions. Must be plugged in near by and after the setup screen completes. You can unplug it and plug it in any place there is a power outlet. I use to move mine from the second bedroom to the patio etc.

jonjones1
Legend

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX2700/EX2700_QSG_23Nov2015.pdf

You know there is a setup link on page 10 of the setup quick guide.

there is also WPS setup shown first. 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@roger6661 wrote:

Once you connect to the extender via ethernet or wifi. mywifiext.net will take you to the extedner’s local setup page. It’s not a website that you go to. You have to be connected to the extender first. Then go to that page. 

RJMacReady
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Roger,

Let me explain as best I can. I am not a Vz employee, I called them for a wireless extender recommendation. "Most anyone will do just fine, 2.4GHz model for less than $40. No need for bells and whistles". However, put simply: The Netgear N300 Wifi Range Extender, Model EX2700, Amazon's Choice, WILL NOT WORK with your Actiontec M1424WR Router (Rev I) without a physical hook up to Cat5e cable. I won't get into how a firware update could possibly enable the WPS button, etc.... It simply will not work wirelessly. Which is something you would think should not escape Vz's notice, given the popularity of the N300. I hooked up the cable, plugged it in, used my Samsung phone's Wifi Setup to create the network extension. You need the 16 character Router Password to do so. THEN you can log onto www.mywifiext.net and finish connecting the device to the network. The new network will be your exisitng network's name with an underscore and EXT following it. I have been trudging through this crap since MS-DOS/WFW3.11, and top modem speeds were 2400 baud. If I did not have the 50' Cat 5e sitting around, I don't think I would have gone this route. This is by far the cheapest method, but not the easiest. Good luck.   RJM

0 Likes
marineethan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Follow the steps for connecting the ex2700 range extender device.

• First of all you need to on the power of EX2700 extender device.
  • Place your extender device and router in the same room.
  • Now plug your extender device into an electrical outlet.
  • Wait for the Power LED Lights on EX2700 to green.
  • Press the WPS button on the extender device.
  • Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.

Start connecting both devices with each other. Your process is completed.