Connection dropping
CaroleD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same problem for over two years. In fact, if I don't make this short, I will be disconnected. Chat, when they don't disconnect me, Said it's my computer> It's happens on all four computers. It's a problem with Firefox> Firefox has nothing to do with not being able to connect to Verizon or being disconnected. With over 20 chats with support, last year Verizon finally sent a Lineman who "Found a bird's nest in the Terminal Box." The problem continued and they sent a Tech Guy yesterday who sait it was a T Terminal and today a Tech Guy came with a Cherry Picker and "fixed" the problem. It worked for awhile but, now, I'm being disconnected again. I will close now before I am disconnected.

0 Likes
Re: Connection dropping
CaroleD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back again. . .Anyhow, I am being charged for High Speed Internet and this morning, it took ten minutes to connect. The XFinity signal connected immediately but it is my neighbor's account and I don't have the password. They just switched from Verizon for the same reason. I have lost opportunities for sales, last minute vacations and points with games because I am continually disconnected. We are checking out how our wireless contract will be involved when we switch to Comcast and drop our Verizon land line. The Tech guys were very understanding and worked hard to get us connected, but it didn't last.

This is just one message I keep getting:

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.9cf34317.1433301723.191bfce

There's much more I can share but I gotta leave again before I am disconnected.

0 Likes
Re: Connection dropping
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes