Connection drops randomly
Solar12

This is my first time posting here and I'm not sure what needs to be posted, so just read my story I suppose.
Started about 3 days ago, my connection would drop at random times, either for a couple seconds or for an hour. I called verizon and they sent a tech out, he said everything checked out ok, and the only thing he could think of was that the modem could be dying because it was so old. I was using a Westell model 2200 from like 2003 or something. I called again and they sent me a new modem a 7500, I set it up, but it has the same problem. I've called several more times, they did countless line tests which all checked out ok. So now I'm just praying for a miracle, waiting for it to fix itself. I've even switched all of the cables. I'm pretty frustrated right now.

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.
Also I'll post my transtat because everyone else seems to.

Down         Up

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 6204         636

Margin (dB)                          18.6          16.0

Line Attenuation (dB) 19.0               8.1

Transmit Power (dBm) 22.7           12.4

If anything else is needed tell me and I'll post it. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Connection drops randomly
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you connect the modem to the NID

Points to http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

?

0 Likes
zackie
i am haveing the same problem they just sent me a new modem west tell 6100... no one seems to know what is wrong
0 Likes
Allgrownzup

same issue here

ive called and they ran line tests of course while my internet was working and they said there were no line problems

well obviously there are problems somewhere and im not gonna pay the bull**bleep** 100 bucks to have someone come to my house and tell me everything is fine

how much is it to cancel service with verizon? at this point ill pay top dollar to get out of this mess

0 Likes
carl--s

I'm having the exact same issues here in NYC. 

This all started when using my old Westell modem. The connection would drop on WiFi and on Ethernet, then mysteriously reconnect. Uploads were impossible, altho downloads came in at 3mbps. Sometimes, the connection was fine, but most of the time, usually in the evening, it was slow.

The tech suggested swapping modems. I did. Ethernet works fine, but I'm still having the same issues with my AirPort. 

0 Likes
Dephinix
Enthusiast - Level 3

As a heads up, if your computer is getting regular download times but terrible upload, you may want to scan your computer, ASAP. Might even be a worm, eww, fix it, hahahaha.

0 Likes
carl--s

Deph, I'm on a mac behind a firewall that's nearly impenetrable and scan regularly. I seriously doubt that's the problem. In fact. the tech I spoke to when exchanging modems didn't even think it was an issue, but I scanned anyway.

0 Likes