Converted from copper to Fios almost a month ago, MyVerizon still shows old account number
Glabbin
Enthusiast - Level 2

On October 7 I had Fios installed to replace my old copper phone/DSL service.  I recieved an email saying I had a new account number, but everywhere on MyVerizon (except for my profile page, oddly) it still shows the old account number.

This seems to affect my billing as well, as it still showed I was enrolled in AutoPay as I had been, but then it never charged me on my normal date (despite saying that my bill was paid in full and I owed $0.00). 

After this I received an email with a new bill which showed a past due amount (which I assume was for my last bill under the copper service) along with a new amount (my first Fios bill?).

But I cannot check the details of this new bill on my account.  It shows an entry for it in my billing history, but when I click it to check the details it just says it cannot get that information right now.

I did manage to pay the last copper bill on October 29 by manually entering the amount.  My credit card was charged successfully, but this payment doesn't show in my payment history, so how do I really know I was credited for it?

It seems as if all the data I see is somehow related or tied to my old account number.  I just want to make sure I can pay my bills online and not be "past due" which I never have been until just now.

I have done two long online chats and one phone call with customer service and I seem to be unable to explain my problem successfully to get this resolved or to get a reasonable explanation of the situation, so I thought I would post here for help.

Thank you for reading long post!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Update to MyVerizon issue when switching from copper phone/DSL to Fios
Glabbin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to make an update to my previous post, but it is locked now.  So here is the update!

Quick summation of previous postI upgraded from copper to Fios, but MyVerizon still only showed my old account number, and I couldn't view my current bill, or see a payment I had made manually.

So, once a month passed since my Fios install, I logged onto MyVerizon, and everything seems to have fixed itself.  All I see is my new account number, and I can now see and view my current bill details and pay it.  The payment I previously made manually is now visible in my Payment History.

I guess there is a transition period with MyVerizon when upgrading to Fios and being given a new account number.  This was confusing to me as I didn't know to expect it.  Verizon support was helpful though, as they did confirm that I had made a payment, even though I had no record of it (at that time) on the website.

Anyway, just thought I should update in case anyone else has experienced this issue.  If you are upgrading from copper to Fios and getting a new account number in the process, you might just have to wait a month before MyVerizon catches up to the transition. 

-----

-----

Link to original post in case anyone wants to read a ton of text:  https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Converted-from-copper-to-Fios-almost-a-month-ago-MyVeriz...

View solution in original post

Re: Converted from copper to Fios almost a month ago, MyVerizon still shows old account number
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Glabbin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Update to MyVerizon issue when switching from copper phone/DSL to Fios
Glabbin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to make an update to my previous post, but it is locked now.  So here is the update!

Quick summation of previous postI upgraded from copper to Fios, but MyVerizon still only showed my old account number, and I couldn't view my current bill, or see a payment I had made manually.

So, once a month passed since my Fios install, I logged onto MyVerizon, and everything seems to have fixed itself.  All I see is my new account number, and I can now see and view my current bill details and pay it.  The payment I previously made manually is now visible in my Payment History.

I guess there is a transition period with MyVerizon when upgrading to Fios and being given a new account number.  This was confusing to me as I didn't know to expect it.  Verizon support was helpful though, as they did confirm that I had made a payment, even though I had no record of it (at that time) on the website.

Anyway, just thought I should update in case anyone else has experienced this issue.  If you are upgrading from copper to Fios and getting a new account number in the process, you might just have to wait a month before MyVerizon catches up to the transition. 

-----

-----

Link to original post in case anyone wants to read a ton of text:  https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Converted-from-copper-to-Fios-almost-a-month-ago-MyVeriz...