Credit check during online sign-up
jbenjamin1

During online sign-up for Fios, I got to the screen where I was asked if I wanted a credit check performed.  I did not select the box, which sould have indicated that I did not want a credit check.  However, once I clicked "next" and arrived at the next screen, I saw the message "credit check completed."  Despite the fact that I indicated I did not want a credit check performed, Verizon did it anyway and it will now be listed on my credit report.  How can you remove this from the report, as the credit check was done in error?

Inline image 2

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Credit check during online sign-up
farrock02
Enthusiast - Level 2

a credit check is not mandatory. There is a option to leave a deposit, but the system is running credit checks even when you tell it not to  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@jbenjamin wrote:

During online sign-up for Fios, I got to the screen where I was asked if I wanted a credit check performed.  I did not select the box, which sould have indicated that I did not want a credit check.  However, once I clicked "next" and arrived at the next screen, I saw the message "credit check completed."  Despite the fact that I indicated I did not want a credit check performed, Verizon did it anyway and it will now be listed on my credit report.  How can you remove this from the report, as the credit check was done in error?

Inline image 2

The credit check is mandatory. I have been a Verizon customer for over 35+ years and when I signed up online for Fios the option was to do the check immediately or to answer further questions to show identity and I suspect that information was used to do a credit check.

there is nothing you can do to remove a hard credit check, only two years time and it falls off automatically.

a soft credit check (as your credit card lenders, or loans you have from banks) is not shown to potential lenders when they pull your credit report. 

The only time a hard credit check is potentially harmful is if you have too many of them. 

You must have known no matter what company you are going to do business with, or house buying, or extension of credit is going to result in a credit check.

that is just the way it is. 

If you did not pass the credit check you would have been required to pay a deposit.

farrock02
Enthusiast - Level 2

a credit check is not mandatory. There is a option to leave a deposit, but the system is running credit checks even when you tell it not to  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes