Customer Service Does Nothing But Lie and Steal
nothankyou666

I never write reviews or have posted on a forum before, but this is my second experience and I feel like I should share this to try and save someone the massive coma enducing migraine that verizon customer service just loves to give out to its customers.  They say one thing and do the complete opposite.  They promise one price and over triple the price with no real explanation and no excuses.  

I signed up for their internet and was promised 100 speed for 60 dollars..  after taxes and all it came up to almost 90.  I would have been fine paying this amount IF the internet reached even 3 feet away from the router.  However it didn't.  SO I was just throwing money into the trash.  They sent me a new router to try to fix the solution.  It was then able to reach a WHOLE 10 FEET AWAY!  But that was all.  Deciding I didn't want to pay almost a hundred dollars for internet that only serviced the living room I looked into Comcast.  They offered 400 speed for only 60 bucks.  Four times the speed... and I'm pretty sure it would reach more than just a single room.  I called verizon and spoke with them.  Either they bring the price down to a reasonable one for the service I'm getting or I am switching.  

They placed me on a hold and said they spoke with their supervisor and calculated they could bring my bill down to 35 dollars a month with the same 100 speed.  I agreed.  I had them repeat SEVERAL times that the speed would not decrease.  

I had to call them the following month because my bill had not gone down whatsoever.  They told me this was because of activation and deactivation fees of the cable box that was canceled and turned on several times (that is a whole nother bull customer service nightmare).  Tired of arguing and the migraines I asked SEVERAL times again if my bill next month would be lowered after these fees were paid with internet speed staying at 100.  THey confirmed, yes.   They took my money.

Low and behold.  THis month rolls around and my internet isn't working.  I assume it is just a **bleep** internet day and leave it be, until last night.  I tried to watch netfilx on my tv.... 10 feet away and it was not able to find the internet.  I restarted the router.  Still nothing.  So I decided to log in and check my speed because I have absolutely no trust in this company anymore..  SURE ENOUGH my bill was only for 35 dollars.  FOR THE SPEED OF 50! Not 100 as I was promised over countless times.  

Over an hour on the phone with customer service and don't you know.  Not one of the MANY representitives that I spoke with saved any notes about their promise of speed at the price they told me.  Or the fact that they spoke with supervisors each time.  SHOCKER.  Not really with this company.  The customer rep told me I had two options.  Either they can do an investigation and listen to the recorded conversations to SEE IF THEY MIGHT BE ABLE to honor what they told me.  WHich would take about 30 days and in the meanwhile I would still have to pay my internet bill for a decorative modem, or get hit with late fees and have internet get shut off that doesn't work anyway.  But of course if it got shut off due to lack of payment I would have to pay fees to get it turned back on, on top of the due balance and late fees.   And the second option offered was THAT I PAY MORE THAN I PAID WHEN I INTITALLY SIGNED UP TO GET THE SPEED I HAD WHEN I SIGNED UP.  I told them that I'll take my third option and cancel my service.  The second I get the return kit box they said they would send me ( lets see if I actually get it ) I am looking forward to getting this piece of garbage company out of my life for the remainder of it.  

THey lie and cheat their customers, with no respect to their promises.  DO NOT BOTHER WITH THEM.  Oh.  And they have a refer program, not that I ever used it..  I would rather prefer my friends to go live in the Amish community where there is no electricity whatsoever or prefer them to eat a cactus before getting involved with this poor excuse of a business.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Does Nothing But Lie and Steal
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nothankyou666,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes