Customer Service IsTERRIBLE
TanyaSchultz24
Has anyone has customer service issues relating to cancelling service? I have been dealing with issues since I cancelled my residential service (phone, internet and cable) on Nov. 9, 2013. It started when I cancelled my service on that day and was given a confirmation # and told I would receive pre-paid UPS boxes to return my equipment in 2-3 business days. After about 10 days I realized I never got the boxes and when I called to inquire was told that I could take my things to a local UPS and they would box it for me. I did this that same day (Nov.18). To my surprise I got a bill in December charging me for service for the entire month of Novemember. Again I called and was told to ONLY pay my Verizon Wireless amount and that I would be receiving a final bill. I followed their instructions and did this. Mid December comes and I get another bill marked past due with the entire November balance showing as unpaid AND a notice from Verizon Wireless that my cell phone bill was past due. Again, I called both Verizon and Verizon Wireless and learn that Verizon kept the 111.75 I had paid for my wireless service never submitting it to their wireless division. I paid my wireless charges and continued to argue with the Verizon rep that they were charging me for service when I had cancelled. The rep informed me when I spoke to them on December 18th that my account was stuck in pending status in their system and not fully cancelled and that she would push it through.

January comes and I get yet anyother bill with the unpaid November balance AND new charges for December. I am livid. I called again and was told I would be credited for the time I was charged and didn't have service and a new bill would come. Well, I got the new bill and it only credited me for the time period of December 18th throught the end of December!! I have now called twice since that bill arrived only to be given the run around and numerous explanations of my bills. I understand the bills, I am an educated person, I can read, and Verizon is charging me about $245 for service when I had cancelled with them and was getting it elsewhere, and paying another company!

I tried again yesterday and today to call and explain my dilemma and spent most of my time either on hold or I was told they would transfer me to the area that might be able to assist and when the transfer went throught it was a automated system, the same one you get when you call the 1800 number. A TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME. I honestly think they "transferred" me just b/c they didn't have an answer and were unsure how to get one. They also refuse to let me speak to someone more superior. I have paid the balance on my account today, only b/c I recieved a letter stating I was turned over to a credit agency and I don't want my credit report negatively affected b/c of this but I intend to continue to argue my case. I have paid Verizon over $350 for services that I didn't have! Imagine if they do this to everyone that cancels services with them.

If I don't get this resolved, I intend to report it to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint against them. I don't think I should be held accountable b/c someone on their end didn't submit my cancellation correctly and it got stuck in their system.
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service IsTERRIBLE
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TanyaSchultz24,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service IsTERRIBLE
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Afternoon, 

We have yet to hear back from you, if you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thank,
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes