D-Link 2750B
dappleton09
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good morning,

Ever since l've received the DLINK DSL-2750B l have had nothing but issues.

First, l discovered that l couldnt get to certain sites -- came to find out , after l had pointed it out to the folks at Verizon, that it was a routing issue. Now, l'm having a issue that every 2-3 days, l'm having to power cycle my DLINK DSL-2750B router off and back on in order for it to work. I never had this issue before w/my old equipement, and the line speed has been verified . I was able to look at some logs but it looks like the model itself is experiencing some Kernal issues. I'd like to see if a firmware update could be the solution to this before l esculate this up to Verizon or replace this entirely.

Has anyone experienced this before with this particular device?

Thanks...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: D-Link 2750B
dappleton09
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thats the thing, the routing issue has been resolved. That issue turned out to be a DNS issue on one of their older RedBack Routers.

The most irrating thing is the model DSL-DL2750B needs to be reset every 3 to 4 days ... Looked at the logs and it appears to be doing a kernal dump. Never had these issues prior to Verizon sending me this new equipement. Been reading some other posts, where others with this same model have been having the exact issue and Verizon has been no assistance. My worries, is that l'll call in a support case and it'll take another two months before l reach someone who is technical enough to understand this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would you be willing to paste your logs to http://www.pastebin.com/ for us, and then provide the link to the paste? In addition, could you provide a traceroute to a site you're experiencing issues with? If you're not sure how to do this, please let us knowwhat operating system your computer or device uses.

0 Likes
dappleton09
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thats the thing, the routing issue has been resolved. That issue turned out to be a DNS issue on one of their older RedBack Routers.

The most irrating thing is the model DSL-DL2750B needs to be reset every 3 to 4 days ... Looked at the logs and it appears to be doing a kernal dump. Never had these issues prior to Verizon sending me this new equipement. Been reading some other posts, where others with this same model have been having the exact issue and Verizon has been no assistance. My worries, is that l'll call in a support case and it'll take another two months before l reach someone who is technical enough to understand this.

0 Likes