D-Link 2750b Bridged to an Apple Airport Extreme
LukeWasHere

I got an upgrade from my old Westell 2200 to a new d-link 2750b. The d-link has a built in ethernet hub and wireless, but I really need to have it just act as a bridge. I would much rather use my Apple Airport Extreme instead.

I am in Washington DC and I think my DSL uses PPPoE. How can I put the d-link in bridge mode so I can use the PPPoE in the Airport? This is how I had it setup with the Westell.

Right now I have the Airport setup in DHCP mode and it is grabbing an address from the d-link, so it is double natted.

What is the best configuration for this setup?

0 Likes
Re: D-Link 2750b Bridged to an Apple Airport Extreme
IMO11
Have yet to succeed setting up D-Link DSL2750B wireless modem/router in bridge mode. After countless hours w/ Verizon support here is what I have so far:
1. Access DSL 2750d through a browser http://192.168.1.1, go to setting tab
2. User name = admin! password from sticker of unit bottom
3. My Network tab, select Interned from menu options running along top. WAN DSL set to Point-to-point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE). Am in MA so changed setting to LAN-WAN Bridged Ethernet Connection over ATM (ETHoA). Select Apply. Receive message: Browser Reload...select OK.
System Tab, select Network Connections. Confirm Bridge Mode

As noted this is what I have been able to obtain from several canals to support. The unit still does not work in bridge mode. If others have additional guidance, I would appreciate the assistance.
0 Likes
kmpj

Have you made any progress with this? I also have the 2750b and I'm tired of having to reset it multiple times per day. I would like to buy a separate wireless router to hopefully solve the issue -- possibly and airport extreme -- but I'm worried about my ability to get the d-link working in bridge mode. any advice welcome!!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes