DDoS Attacks
jj22222

Is there a firewall in the equipment somewhere?  I have SYN/ DDOS attacks hitting my Fios router non stop.  Is there anything built in here so I dont have to purchse something else

Thansk

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DDoS Attack
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has a social media support team that responds to people who post on social media.  They are often better than the phone and chat support team, especially for more complex issues.  To reach them, you use social media.  Once you connect with them over social media, they direct you to Verizon's private site to exchange personal information.  The initial social media contact should not contain personal information such as addresses or account numbers, they will collect that on their private platform.

Sometimes the moderators on this forum will escalate issues to the same support team, but this forum is designed for peer-to-peer communications.  If you know you want to talk to Verizon, you should reach out to them directly.

If you don't like these options, you can continue to use phone and chat support.  Chat support is usually easier as they often don't have the wait times of phone support.  But it's literally your call!

View solution in original post

jj22222

it is 2022, and I am seeing a major SYN/DDOS attack; does this equipment have any protections to block this kind of attack?

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. G1100, G3100, and CR1000A have an update-to-date built-in firewall.

If you believe you have been targeted by some malicious attackers, I would suggest you to contact the official support through Facebook or Twitter to request to change your WAN IP address.

VzCstmrForYrs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cang_Household wrote:

"I would suggest you to contact the official support through Facebook or Twitter "...

I have to ask - why would anyone want to rely on an untrusted social media platform to get support?

Are the support people in those channels really more competent or effective than the phone or chat support channels, including the Verizon agents on this forum?

For that matter, why should we even have to use the third party Khoros software that provides the platform for this forum?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@VzCstmrForYrs wrote:

..including the Verizon agents on this forum?

You misunderstand this/these forum(s). Most of the people here are peers (normal users just like you).

If you do not want to use those social media:

#1 There is also DSLR direct Verizon forum. Direct link to what I am talking about https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

#2 CL users like me, can tell the verizon people to help you.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has a social media support team that responds to people who post on social media.  They are often better than the phone and chat support team, especially for more complex issues.  To reach them, you use social media.  Once you connect with them over social media, they direct you to Verizon's private site to exchange personal information.  The initial social media contact should not contain personal information such as addresses or account numbers, they will collect that on their private platform.

Sometimes the moderators on this forum will escalate issues to the same support team, but this forum is designed for peer-to-peer communications.  If you know you want to talk to Verizon, you should reach out to them directly.

If you don't like these options, you can continue to use phone and chat support.  Chat support is usually easier as they often don't have the wait times of phone support.  But it's literally your call!

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gs0b wrote:

Verizon has a social media support team that responds to people who post on social media. 

Yep and likewise for DSLR's Verzion Direct Support are.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only reason I see is that the Khoros platform lacks an API to feed into VZ's account system. Support agents can login here, in fact, they check the Forums every hour, but hard to steer people into the secure chat. Secure chat is not a social media chat, but hosted on verizon.com.

You can be connected with a support agent here, or, like dslr suggested, I can tell somebody to change your IP address. But you still need to make sure you don't have malicious device at home calls its base to reveal your new IP. In that case, changing your IP won't help at all.