DHCP Connection
paballard
Enthusiast - Level 2
I received a new modem from you. I then inquired why I needed a new modem and was told that you were moving to DHCP. I like my existing router, a D-link DGL-4500. So i reconfigured it from PPPoE to DHCP. My home network works fine, but I can't connect to the internet.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DHCP Connection
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

As you were told, VZ is moving to DHCP.  However, the changeover has not happened yet.

You should set your DGL-4500 back to PPPoE until the changeover occurs.

At that time, you will need manually reconfigure the DGL-4500 from PPPoE to DHCP.

One advantage of the Actiontec router that VZ sent you is that it will auto-detect the changeover.

Some thing I don't believe the DGL-4500 can do.

BTW, the Actiontec is a router, not a modem.  FIOS does not use modems.

View solution in original post

AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hello paballard,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

Please contact our customer service team via email or live chat at:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

Choose “Live Chat.”

If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

AnnieS

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what state are you in?  

if you do the contact us, should your router be set up as dhcp or pppoe, and that you were pppoe for years, and if they can double check. 

0 Likes
paballard
Enthusiast - Level 2
Can you send me the link to request support via email. I've been unable to find it.
0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

As you were told, VZ is moving to DHCP.  However, the changeover has not happened yet.

You should set your DGL-4500 back to PPPoE until the changeover occurs.

At that time, you will need manually reconfigure the DGL-4500 from PPPoE to DHCP.

One advantage of the Actiontec router that VZ sent you is that it will auto-detect the changeover.

Some thing I don't believe the DGL-4500 can do.

BTW, the Actiontec is a router, not a modem.  FIOS does not use modems.

paballard
Enthusiast - Level 2
My mistake - still thinking modems. I't been an interesting period to live thru. Any idea how to know when the switchover will occur - or I'll know when I lose my internet. Thanks for clarifying things.
0 Likes