DSL 2750B drops IP config
wings515
Enthusiast - Level 3

About twice a week this modem/router drops the correct ip configuration.  This moring I did an ipconfig on my PC to find the address set to 169.254.32.217 with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 and no default gateway.  I turn OFF the modem/router for 30 seconds, turn it back ON and after completeing the boot cycle the addresses are correct and I can get onto the internet.

This has happend many times over the past 2 yaers and this type modem/router has been replaced 3 times with no permanent fix.  I would like to know if it is the modem/router or the Verizon ISP/DSLAM causing the problem.

Calling Verizon at this time would probapbly be useless since they are still on strike but I would like to know for my own satiisfaction.

0 Likes
Re: DSL 2750B drops IP config
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Are you using a wired connection or a wireless connection?

#2 Do you have a spare/Separate RJ-45 WAN port router?

#3 If so, what is the brand and model of your spare/Separate RJ-45 WAN port router?

For example:

a) The Motorola SB6141 is my cable modem (Non modem combo).

b) Note where modem combo = modem and router all-in-one.

c) My Separate router is my Linksys E4200 hardware version one and it is behind my modem.

d) I also have a spare Linksys WRT54G hardware version 2, not in use.

#4 If not to question 2, do you have a spare computer that is not in use that works that either has:

a) Two NICs

b) OR you can add a second NIC into the computer?

For example by a second NIC into the computer I mean a PCI NIC like the TRENDnet - Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter (Model: TE100-PCIWN).

0 Likes