DSL 3Mbps service dropped to 1.5Mbps
justRLuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has again reduced my "High Speed Interent" to 1.5Mbps. After 7 years of service at or near 3Mbps my speed was reduced to 1.5Mbps in July. I complained and verizon sent me a new modem. No change in speed until a Verizon technician manually increased my down speed to 3.4Mbps. Within the week it remained steady at 2.9Mbps and was stable and satisfactory until three days ago. Verizon is reducing speeds to the minimum rather than providing service at the maximum speeds their equipment is capable of. Why? 

0 Likes
Re: DSL 3Mbps service dropped to 1.5Mbps
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@justRLuck wrote:

Verizon has again reduced my "High Speed Interent" to 1.5Mbps. After 7 years of service at or near 3Mbps my speed was reduced to 1.5Mbps in July. I complained and verizon sent me a new modem. No change in speed until a Verizon technician manually increased my down speed to 3.4Mbps. Within the week it remained steady at 2.9Mbps and was stable and satisfactory until three days ago. Verizon is reducing speeds to the minimum rather than providing service at the maximum speeds their equipment is capable of. Why? 

Sounds like the ASSIA Optimization system at work. Call Verizon back and have them set the line to the highest speed it will operate at (3M, 5M, 7M...) and make sure they disable the optimizer. If they don't, something like this can very well happen again.

0 Likes