DSL Connection Issues
jmi0920

HI,

So we've had the same modem for a while now and for the first few years it was under its defualt name. A while ago it was changed to a new name with a new password. All of a sudden the connection name and password changed back to the original randomly and since then it seems like the connection has been really slow and disconnecting randomly? Is there any reason as to why this happened and anyway to get the speed back to what it was? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: DSL Connection Issues
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What  is the brand and model of this DSL modem?

#2 If you have a seperate router: What is the brand and model of it?

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello,

I apologize for the trouble you are having. Is the username and password saved when it is entered? I sent you a private message to further assist.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
drjdwilliams

in the middler room i have one jack, that have a two-way spiltter, on one side i have an line going to my bedroom computer(dsl), on the

other side of the spiltter, ihave, another spiltter which connect my house phone with filter and my second computer (dsl) downstair, the problem is both computer can not be on at the same time (one or the other) help!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to run two DSL modems at the same time on one phone line? You cannot do that by design of DSL. It's one modem or the other, so you will need to consider getting a router (or a switch), either Wired (switches) or Wireless to connect the two PCs to one of the modems you have. Any extra gear needed to connect to the router or switch would depend on the PC, but all PCs these days should have Ethernet connectivity. Wireless cards are usually separate. Listing what modems you have would be a start.

If you have two modems on the same line, it might also be the same reason you are seeing slow speeds. The second modem is essentially a noise generator to the first modem when both are powered up. Noise makes DSL unhappy, and unhappy DSL means slower DSL.

0 Likes