DSL Downloads
njsocccerfan

I have DSL with a Westell Modem model: F90-610015-06. Lately I cannot download anything. Every file I attempt to save or open results in a unknown network error, interrupted or it just freezes. I tried a dozen times, different file types/sizes etc..they all end up failing to complete. can someone please tell me what might be causing this?

0 Likes
Re: DSL Downloads
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the connection seem to physically drop out during Internet activities such as streaming, during gaming sessions or during general web browsing or does it stall/hang?

Register an account at DSLReports.com and run their Line Quality test at: http://www.dslreports.com/pingtest and supply the result URL for us to see.

In addition, if you are using any Security Software on your PC, could you tell us what you have? Some programs are known to do this with their fancy Web Scanning components.

0 Likes
njsocccerfan

It seems to start out fine downloading @ 350+/KB/s which is normal speed i guess for my 3.0mbp plan. but while browsing the web or even during inactivity sometimes it will gradually start falling to 300, 275, 250, 150, 80 all the way down to 16.5KB/s. network errors/failed downloads are suddenly more frequent than ever also. i have the same Security Software i've always had Mcafee Total Protection. I will run the line quality test as recommended. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks. The test should be all finished up by now, so whenever you get a moment please post up the link for us to see.

0 Likes
njsocccerfan

contacted verizon and they fixed the problem. thanks. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear it's all sorted out.

0 Likes