DSL Drops Several Times A Day
beyondbelief

Is there anyone at Verizon that can fix this problem? I have never dealt with a company with such poor service. This problem has been going on for over a year with numereous service calls, new modem, technician visits and still the problem exists. It's a wonder I haven't worn out the off/on swicth on the modem trying to get reconnected. Guess it's time to look at cable.

0 Likes
Re: DSL Drops Several Times A Day
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would you be able and willing to supply some Transceiver Statistics to us on the connection? If you're not sure on how to get that just let us know what modem make and model you have.

0 Likes
beyondbelief

0 Likes
themadmech

i came here to  find answers too. i have the same exact problem. In a sick way i'm glad i'm not alone. 

0 Likes
wls133

I have the exact same problem and have for at least the last year.  I have a Westell 327W modem/wireless router.  At least twice a day I have to go downstairs and physically turn off and turn back on the unit to get it to show up on any devices.  I also often get the error when I'm using it that I have local connection only, not internet, and again I have to go manually reset...

It's extremely frustrating and Verizon customer service has been less than no help.

0 Likes
loriandjohn

Thank you so much...here  I am thinking it is just us having this problem.  And a problem it is.  I am in school and dropping my connection is not good when I am uploading to a discussion post.  Our speed is so slow....I really hate verizon and am seriously considering paying the fee to disconnect from them and go to cable.  Were you offered any solutions?

0 Likes
loriandjohn

verizon keeps trying to blame the customer...well evidently it is not us....since we have the same problem, it must be them....:)

0 Likes
SickOfThisBS

Looks like we're not the only ones with this problem!  We're on our THIRD modem, they switched us from one server to another, our problem has been 'escalated' to the next level (whatever that means!), and still we have no relief.  When we call for help we're on hold for entirely too long, and then we usually get a technician that we can't understand.  Then they read the same steps off the same sheet that didn't work the first 15 times we called, so why would it work now?  When we try to avoid having to talk with a foreign technician by chatting over the internet, the wait is rediculous -- over an hour today -- and when the internet drops off, we lose our place in line!

We've been loyal verizon customers for so long I can't remember NOT being with them.  We have 4 verizon cell phones and a house phone in addition to verizon internet.  We pay them almost $300 dollars a month, and they either can't or won't fix our problem.  My husband just got off the phone with Comcast, and their 'regular' monthly service is about $20 more than what we pay now, but it would be worth it just to get some reliable service.  I'm trying to start a business and I do NOT have time for this **ap!

0 Likes
beyondbelief

Verizon tech was out on Friday. Claimed to have found crossover on the line and said he switched lines. Did no good as line dropped at least 8 times over the weekend!

0 Likes
SickOfThisBS

We didn't have this problem ever until a few months ago.  For years our service was spot-on.  We're in California.  Is anyone else in Cali and are you new or long-term customers?

0 Likes