DSL Enhanced
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

I have DSL Enhanced the download usuallly runs around 5.5 and uplod around 70. For the past few days upload remained the same but upload is anywhere between 35 and 51. I am in Syracuse NY has anyone else experienced problems?

0 Likes
Re: DSL Enhanced
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the slowdown you are experiencing. Are these speeds the tranceiver stats from the modem or a test from website?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

To also tack onto Anthony's post: Are the speeds 24/7 since the problem began or are they taking place during the evening hours?

0 Likes
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

It was from Speedtest.net. The last test this morning was Ping 80   Download 5.97Mbps    Upload .30Mbps

0 Likes
Bobbijw
We are also experiencing speed issues. With DSL enhanced, the speed rarely, if ever, was higher than 1.2. Many calls later I talked to a Verizon rep who told me that our line was old and would not support higher speeds. She suggested changing service to Basic DSL since that's the only service the line would support. She also thought the speed might improve since we would no longer be pushing more data than the line would support. Now we have speeds of .5. We can't win.
0 Likes
bmcnair85

For about the  last 2 weeks my enhanced dsl has been extremely slow.

I was downloading at close to 350kbps and now im down to around 30kbps

They are slowing our dsl down on purpose to try and get us to switch to FIOS. You wouldnt believe the hoops I had to jump through to even get dsl when im in a fios area.

They send me offers in the mail every day to switch to fios and are constantly messing with my connection and saying the only solution is to get fios.  they are not getting a dime more of my money

0 Likes
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

My problem was also for about the past week. For some reason it is now back to normal.

0 Likes