Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 2/10/23 and 4/5/23. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met.
$699.99 (128 GB only) device payment purchase or full retail purchase w/ new smartphone line on One Unlimited for iPhone (all lines on account req'd on plan), 5G Start, 5G Do More, 5G Play More or 5G Get More plan req'd. Less $699.99 promo credit applied over 36 mos.; promo credit ends if eligibility req’s are no longer met; 0% APR.
I have been a VZ DSL customer for longer then I care to recall. However recently - ahout the last 2-3 months my service performance has severely degredated.
1) I'm on the 7-15 meg plan - confirmed that I get 10 to 12 meg to the DSLAM
2) Current service performance before about 8 AM I can get about 7 meg according to a variety of soeed test tools
After 8 I'm fortunate to get 2 meg thruput
3) I have followed the requested VZ protocols of a) WEB chatting with Support, b)Speaking with the next tier support c) permitting a dispatch truck roll. FROM THE BEGINNING AND THROUGH OUT OF THE SERVICE CALL MY LOCAL ACCESS SPEED WAS CONFIRMED AT THE AFORE MENTIONED SPEEDS.
4) The dispatched tec confirmed (as I have suspected) a SERVICE ISSUE in the Harrisburg Office.
5) I suspect that VZ has a PEAK capacity issue in the Harrisburg CO which forces them to throttle some customers - DSL - in order for them to support the preimum FIOS subscribers.
6) I'D LIKE TO ASK - SINCE VZ KNOWS THERE IS A PERFORMANCE PROBLEM WHY NOT JUST COME CLEAN DURING THE INITAL SERVICE CALL? WHY WASTE MY TIME AND TECHNICAL MANPOWER CONFIRMING SOMTHING ALREADY KNOWN? DO YOU REALLY THINK YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE THAT CLUELESS?
7) I hope this Office is scheduled for bandwidth upgrades - WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE REENGINEERING THE SERVICE END POINT, It really is pretty straight forward understanding that if you aggregrate traffic at a point there is a NET increase and consumption of capaciy.
😎 I hope that some COMPENTENT Verizon person reads this post and responds intelligently.
9) The reality is - FIOS will never be available in tier 3 locations / cities and our choices are limited- If Verizon is determined to ABANDON these customers and revenue points they should JUST DO IT!
10) If I cannot get a reasoable response and resolution I WILL BE FORCED to change my service provider,
FYI, you're talking to other customers here.
There are customer reports of congestion on FiOS during peak hours on this and other web forums. I'm not experiencing any issues with FiOS Bucks County, PA, but there are lots of poeple complaining about it.
In other words, I seriously doubt your assertion about Verizon favoring FiOS over DSL is true.
Wow - I actually did not think PA let anyone get anything faster than 7! I live in PA also and have never seen the 7.1-15 plan pop up as being available when checking various addresses across the state. I think the electronic database record keeping is an abhorrent mess.
Did you ever speed test at anything higher than 7? If you are synced at the 10 Mbps speed I think you should probably speed test around 8.5 Mbps or so - speed tests generally give you about 85% of the sync speed due to overhead like protocols, PPPoE, etc.
If you don't get higher than 7, sounds to me like maybe you have a profile mismatch. The easiest thing would to go to DSL Reports.com, make a user name, and post on the Verizon Direct forum and tell them you are syncing at 10 Mbps but only speed testing 7. Even though your modem was changed, your actual provisioning was not.
Getting 2 Mbps in the PM is congestion. Do your pings go up at that time? Post in the Direct forum again and complain about congestion and asked to be switched to a different router in the CO/DSLAM.
Yea reality is ~ 8 megs in the early AM (~5) I'm pretty upset about how little VZ cares for their customer base and I ams considering my alternatives at this point - I'll post in the direct forum
As far as My first post I was speculating about the throttling but IMHO there is NO EXCUSE for VZ to have their paying customers deal with something they can manage and address by providing more bandwidth thru congestion points!
Where can I locate the direct forum ?
You need to go to the forums at DSLReports.com, not on here.
And, it's not "throttling" - throttling is the deliberate slowing down of your network speed for some other purpose. But, it's congestion - too many people trying to use it at the same time.
They might not be aware that it is occuring, so you need to report it...