DSL Internet setup
Yvonne01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying to get Verizon internet for a few days now. It seems my neighbor a few doors down has Verizon DSL. I was told it is unavailable. I just want someone from Verizon to come out to see why it is unavaiable and if they can extend the line to my house. Please help.. any advice would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: DSL Internet setup
jonjones1
Legend

@Yvonne01wrote:

I have been trying to get Verizon internet for a few days now. It seems my neighbor a few doors down has Verizon DSL. I was told it is unavailable. I just want someone from Verizon to come out to see why it is unavaiable and if they can extend the line to my house. Please help.. any advice would be appreciated!

Verizon wants to get rid of copper line usage. DSL uses copper telephone lines to operate. Do you have a telephone that is on copper? If not I doubt Verizon will string telephone wire just for dsl. Verizon would prefer to have you use fiber optics (Fios) if available as well as VoIP or digital phone service. So you will have to call 1-800-VERIZON to inquire. 

Good Luck

Yvonne01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Jonjones. Verizon does offer phone service to our house so maybe if we start with that, we can try to get DSL

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Yvonne01wrote:

Thank you Jonjones. Verizon does offer phone service to our house so maybe if we start with that, we can try to get DSL

That is what you should try. Years ago Verizon would install DSL without you actually getting phone service. I remember that is the way I did it in NY. However I believe they changed the policy to only offer DSL with phone service.

A naked DSL (a.k.a. standalone or dry loop DSL) is a digital subscriber line (DSL) without a PSTN (analogue telephony) service — or the associated dial tone. In other words, only a standalone DSL Internet service is provided on the local loop.”

But they may still offer it. Worth a try.