DSL Loses Sync and Retrains at Lower Speed
Yukon3
How do I get Verizon to acknowledge there is a problem and fix it. Their techs, on the phone and here in the field, tell me that the line is good. Is this their normal mode of operation? I've had very few problems with this line over the years that I've had DSL on this line.. Any help or information would be appreciated. I do have noise on the outside line. It crackles and clicks with split-second dead silences. I've been watching the SNR Downstream, on and off for 3 weeks and the signal goes from about 26dB to -1dB. As of right now it's at 12dB, and moving down. Loses Sync, then retrains. Sync can go up or down, but it seems to be in a loop. The problem is that my sync went from 3360 down to 1504. Have connected a different modem with the same results. Lost connection last night around 11:30 PM Sept 17, 2013. I shut it down. This morning it has been on for 1 Hour 49 Min, and has retrained 20 times already. A tech was here Aug 26, 2013 and said it was clear. Not fixed. Tech was here Sept 5, 2013 and said that the line was clear. Not fixed. How do I get them to fix this? Constant calls until it's fixed? I don't have that much time to be on the phone. Yukon
0 Likes
Re: DSL Loses Sync and Retrains at Lower Speed
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have closed your private support case. Please feel free to make a new post anytime you need help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you can hear static on the line, focus on this problem as a telephone issue first. Verizon will need to correct whatever is causing the static first. When they do this, in almost all cases the DSL service will see a dramatic improvement. See what Verizon_Support can do you for you. If you have to resort to phone support due to the line going out entirely, call from a mobile phone. The rep on the other end, along with the automated system (if you don't bypass that) will try to run through some tests to identify where on the line the problem is.

EDIT: I need to learn2read 😞 Looks like this had gotten fixed. Doesn't hurt to post the above anyways.

0 Likes
Yukon3

My sync has been on the fritz, 3 techs have checked the line and said it was very good. Last tech found a bridge tap 2500ft out and fixed it. The sync problems were still there. As of today there has been a DSLAM port change. I was on the old port for over 9 years and they thought it would be good to change, me also. Thing is, it went from G.DMT to ADSL2+, I don't know of that is good or bad. Finally has been up for 43 minutes and no retraining. Never really had any issues with the DSL. Presidential Appeals has been involved and things are getting done, they have been very nice about it. Would love for this to be the fix.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hoping things remain solid for you. Keep working with presidential appeals to get the line fixed up. Intermittent problems are the worst to troubleshoot 😞

0 Likes