DSL Modem needs reset 25x a day
buk542
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our "high speed" DSL model needs reset, i kid you not, over 20x a day.  A tech was out monday 6/20 as our phone line was down and mentioned there is a BETTER modem that works better than the Dlink router.  He says I just need a ticket to get a replacement modem.

How do i Get a ticket for a replacment modem.

I pay for the TOP speed DSL and our download speed is typically 3.0 Mbps.

If I downgrade to the std DSL will my speed decrease? or will it stay at 3.0?

After our repair Monday 6/20, Our phone line is down AGAIN and I have ANOTHER repair ticket in for NEXT MONDAY 6/27.

Holy cow!!!  

0 Likes
Re: DSL Modem needs reset 25x a day
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You need to call Verizon and speak to them about the modem.

0 Likes
Ben07452
Enthusiast - Level 2

In addition to getting a good DSL modem, it is very important to be sure that DSL filters are correctly connected.

I had a similar problem with DSL a few years ago, but I found that the problem was that one of my voice phones that I never use did not have a DSL filter. It turns out to be VERY IMPORTANT that every voice phone, caller id unit, fax, and answering machine must have a DSL filter. Otherwise, the load on the line can interfere with DSL performance, and can cause dropouts. It is okay for one branch of your house wiring to have a DSL filter with two phones on that branch. The important point is that every voice device must be behind a DSL filter. Also, the DSL modem itself must NOT be behind a DSL filter. The DSL modem must have a direct connection to the phone line.

If you need more DSL filters, Verizon should be able to send them, hopefully without any charge. But the important thing to to be sure that every voice device (phone, caller id unit, fax, or answering machine) needs to be behind a DSL filter.

buk542
Enthusiast - Level 1

Could you advise the BEST number to get a hold of someone at verizon?  better yet, is there a direct email address to contact to get help?  I'm at work most of the time and unable to call in and wait.  

Thank you

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

The Verizon Support number is 1-800-VERIZON.  Email support is not available.

0 Likes