DSL No Longer Available to new Tenant?????
HiFox23

Good Morning,

I will be moving into a new house in Greenbackville VA 23356. The last person who lived there, who I know, had Verizon DSL. They litterally turned off their service 2-3 days ago and now when I call to get DSL they tell me it is not available at that address. How can this be possible? The local HOA says the whole development uses Verizon DSL. I even have the account number for the last person who lived there, however the reps refuse to look at his account to see if the address is listed differently or what exactly he had. I personally saw his router when I toured the house. The only rep who was any help gave me a Verizon Engineering number to call on Monday. Any help....

0 Likes
Re: DSL No Longer Available to new Tenant?????
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi HiFox23,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is FiOS available by any chance at that location? If so, Verizon will not sell DSL anymore to customers as they are trying to sunset the older DSL tech. Otherwise, it's likely an availability database issue, as it could be taking time to free up the line to order it again. Besides that, Verizon could be genuinely out of capacity if they gave that particular DSL circuit to another person who just ordered service. This would be common especially amongst locations on Remote Terminals, where DSL ports and bandwidth to the CO is far mroe limited, than coming out of a Centra Office itself.

0 Likes
HiFox23

FiOS isn't avaialble either. Actually, no regualr ISP is availble in that area. I'm looking for something that will work with online gaming. I don't do massive downloads, but I need a good latency for XBOX. I'm hoping the local engineering office can help me out. Thank You for the reply. 

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we could help get your service up and running, HiFox23. If you ever need any additional assistance, please make a new post here in the Forums.

- Joseph_VZ

shawn_k
I am having the same problem in my area 17921 ashland pa. and they have no plans on getting FIOS internet here...
0 Likes
carias

I am having this same issue in the same neighborhood, except they were not nice enough to give me an engineering number. Is there a local number to call to have this taken care of?

0 Likes