DSL Not Working for 7 Days and Tickets Closed without Resolution - Worst Customer Service
MACustomer

My DSL light has been blinking for 7 days.  A technician came out Monday and checked inside my house and outside.  He said the problem is outside, that there is an issue with the wires on the street.  He said that the "Home Office" needs to internally switch the wires.  The technician went to the "Home Office" which is right down the street but the technician was not at her desk so he put in a request for the wire to be switched.  In the meantime, he manually switched the wires to get the internet working but said the internet would go down for 5-10 minutes when the "Home Office" did the official switch.  When I got home from work, my internet was not working and my DSL light was blinking again.  I immediately called Verizon and was told that my ticket had been closed and that a technician would need to come out again.  Since the technician had already been in my house that morning and confirmed the issue was with the wires on the street and not my house, I told them no one would be home because I could not take another day off from work.  It was understood that the technician could reach me by cell phone if he needed to talk to me but he was coming to look at the wires on the street.  A visit was scheduled for the next day, Tuesday.  I received a voice mail from the technician that he would be at my house in 20 minutes and would call me when he arrived.  I never heard back from him and when I got home, my internet was still down.  I immediately called Verizon to check on the status of the ticket.  At first, the agent couldn't even locate my ticket but then informed me it was closed.  I questioned the closure of the ticket since the problem had not been resolved.  I then proceeded to be on hold for an HOUR while the agent tried to find out why the ticket had been closed.  After an hour, the response was he didn't know and that I would have to open another ticket for an agent to come out AGAIN.  The agent then insisted I needed to be home because the technician needed to check inside the house despite being told by me that the technician had already been in my house the day before and confirmed the problem was on the street.  The agent then told me I needed to be home so the technician could update me.  I told the agent the technician could call me on my cell phone since he clearly has the phone number since he called me on Monday AND Tuesday.  The agent agreed and I gave my cell phone number again for the technician to call me.  There are no appointments available until Thursday which will be 8 days since the internet went down.  At this point, after 3 tickets opened, two that were closed without the problem being solved and two site visits with a third scheduled and 60 minutes on the phone,I am doubtful the issue will be resolved Thursday.  I've reached the point where if the problem isn't fixed on Thursday, I am canceling my service with Verizon after six years.  I shouldn't be paying for service that Verizon can't even provide because their own technician can't fix an issue with the wires outside my house.

This experience has been frustrating and the worst customer service I've ever experienced. 

0 Likes
Re: DSL Not Working for 7 Days and Tickets Closed without Resolution - Worst Customer Service
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: DSL Not Working for 7 Days and Tickets Closed without Resolution - Worst Customer Service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

MACustomer,

We're sorry for all the rigmarole on getting your issue sorted out, but we're glad we finally got resolution for you.  If you ever have another issue we're here for you 24/7!

Thanks,

Paul C.

0 Likes
Need help again for issue referred to support forum
MACustomer
Hello,

I still have an a outstanding issue from when my Internet stopped working for 14 days in July. My previous post was referred to the private support forum for resolution. Over the last four days I have left Steve three voicemails but have not received a single call back. I received the credit for the days my Internet was down but I was charged $91.00 for labor. I want to know why I was charged this fee as Steve and all four technicians, including the area foreman acknowledge the issue was with the underground cable on the public street that had to be replaced. No work was ever done in my house and I should not have to pay for repairs that were done on a cable in a public street.

Please have Steve return my calls or have someone who will look into this issue contact me since Steve has not responded to any of my messages.

Thank you,
Amy
0 Likes
Re: Need help again for issue referred to support forum
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have reopened the case and will be able to resolve this for you. Please check the private support area for further updates on this issue.

Josh B

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MACustomer,

Glad we were able to help straighten out the charges for you. Let us know if you ever need help with anything else in a new public post.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
Re: Need help again for issue referred to support forum
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

MACustomer,

We have closed your private support case. Feel free to make a new thread anytime you need our help. Keep checking your account to see if the DO NOT PAY message comes up. If it does, you should be okay. It might take a few billing cycles.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes