DSL Service lack of signal /interrupted signal and technician service
149Elec

After 10 months of bad DSL service - such as no signal, interupted signal, can't connect now mesages, and Verizon Tech service reps visiting my residence I was told that Verizon would not be supporting my current DSL service plan (in February) and I would have to swithch to Fios if I wanted un interipted service. Over this time, I spent many hours on the phone with their tech people in far away lands asking the same questions-forwarding to supervisors and/or couldn't see or fix the problem because they couln not get a good reading on my line....YES- They had a bad connection too to my line!! All this until a local tech rep visiting my house taking pity on me got to the bottom of the problem....yes we have old bad cables and we are not going to fix them.....selling the business anyway.

NOW I have FIOS, yes it is better but have not recieved any compensation/refund for the 10 months of acknowledged poor service or even a letter of apology etc...Looking for some monetary compensation.......Anybody have the same issue/results?

0 Likes
Re: DSL Service lack of signal /interrupted signal and technician service
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

DSL customer here ... definitely, same issue, same story, has been going on over a year, endless calls with tech support, visits from Verizon "everything on the line is OK," new router ... and now the service is so bad it barely supports my tablet, it won't support my desktop, which has lain idle for months. Unofficially ... "You just need to get FIOS." Excuse me, they sold me a guaranteed lifetime rate on DSL not that long ago. I have a written contract. I have paid, and I am not getting what I am paying for. Anyone else?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello 149Elec

This is a peer support forum. If you want to request compensation, you need to contact Verizon directly.

0 Likes
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

With all due respect, I do not think he expects compensation from this forum. He is asking if others have had the service issues.Cat Indifferent

0 Likes
149Elec

TO - ElizabethS Verizon Moderator...........I have contacted Verizon MANY times and asked for compensation with NO response....just trying to see how wide spread this issue is and how it has been resolved,.......

0 Likes
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2

If you can get FIOS where you are, you are crazy for not doing so! They have a "secret" 5 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up plan for DSL hold-overs like yourself that is priced about the same and much more reliable.

If you don't switch now, they are likely to just eventually switch you over anyway. in areas that have FIOS, they are actively retiring the copper network - as they rightfully should!

0 Likes
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a written lifetime DSL service contract at 21.99 at under 1 MBPS ... if they give me FIOS at the same rate, it would only be for the first year or two. Then the price would triple. I am on a fixed income.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

For you to get any compensation you must call 1-800-VERIZON and ask for the billing department. You are only going to get compensated for full days you were out of service that is it. Good luck.

0 Likes
Victor30Stone
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Telcoguru ... I think he already said in message 5 he has contacted Verizon. I for one am glad this customer shared his story, I have had similar problems and I now know better what I am facing in the way of non resolution of same. 

0 Likes
mjzrhodes

Pretty much the same for me... I can't even count the number of times I have contacted Verizon about slow or no internet service... No solution. They have sent replacement routers but nothing helps. One person actually told me I had too many devices linked to the account!!! I don't ask for recompensation; I just want to be able to connect to the Internet sometime before 11 p.m.....

0 Likes