DSL VS ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL
zoco1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in a small town,population 50,000+ with 20 schools.V erizon is still useing,1946 twister pair copper,a inprovement over Alexander Graham Bell copper wire from 1881...selling hight speed DSL...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.If you live 328 feet from your pole,your in baby,I'M OUT OF THE LOOP i LIVE 1200 FEET FROM THE COPPER. SELLING AT A HIGHTER RATE,7 YEARS NOW I WAS Paying 19.99-now Verizon up my bill too 35.00 for the same service.and to get more money Verizon must put in a landline,ok I have a Verizon wireless account,that cost 50.00 .now i have two phones ,what to do? dump one,thats what,smart thinging Verizon. boosting 3.0Mpbs. liveing me with get ready for this joke...ready ok here it is 1.52Mbps.

0 Likes
Re: DSL VS ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

350ft vs 1200ft is a minute distance to have speeds cut off at and Verizon has ways to improve the capacity of the line to get you what you could have gotten being closer. Even then, the line might be ready for it now.

But a population of 50,000 sounds like a small city or large town to me. The removal of dry loop DSL is pretty silly though. You can get more out of ADSL2 lines not having voice due to additional upload bandwidth being available than you could with Voice. Who knows they they took it away, whether it was for a technical reason that requires voltage flowing through lines to keep them in good shape (part of why they've lasted as long as they have) or just a marketing plan.

If you don't mind, tell us what plan you subscribe to as far as DSL speeds go (by name or by rated speed) and also tell us what modem you have and if you have any routers.

0 Likes