DSL broken, lowering MTU "fixes" it
mushinsky_2013

Many sites do not work (with an empty response or no data error). These include Verizon itself, Paypal, and some others.

Lowering MTU to 576 "fixes" the problem for now, but I would like to raise it back to 1492. Tried calling support several times, but never got past the first couple of support level questionings about my modem, OS etc. None of the support people understood what I am talking about, why am I calling if I am able to connect and why rebooting the modem or my laptop (!) will not help.

The problem is clearly between my modem and the internet somewhere, probably the local CO in Tannersville NY.

The account number in question is {edited for privacy}. I am hoping that someone at Verizon reads this and can solicit competent help.

0 Likes
Re: DSL broken, lowering MTU "fixes" it
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: DSL broken, lowering MTU "fixes" it
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry, we haven't heard from you!  This case is now closed. Feel free to create a new post if you still require our assistance.

Thanks

-Kimberly

0 Likes