DSL downloading progress just keep getting stuck in the middle
jkuo010

Hi

I am using Westel 6100 + Linksys router + switch connected 2 computers, 2 ip phone and 1 printer. when i try to download software online and the progress keep getting stuck in the middle of the process or can't even start the downloading process. My IP phone is getting very serious static noice.

Is there any solution for that?

0 Likes
Re: DSL downloading progress just keep getting stuck in the middle
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I point to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

Perhaps that might help, if you have not already done so.

0 Likes
Re: DSL downloading progress just keep getting stuck in the middle
Mikhail
Enthusiast - Level 3

@jkuo010 wrote:

Hi

I am using Westel 6100 + Linksys router + switch connected 2 computers, 2 ip phone and 1 printer. when i try to download software online and the progress keep getting stuck in the middle of the process or can't even start the downloading process. My IP phone is getting very serious static noice.

Is there any solution for that?

What if there is no phone conversations, only one computer downloading file -- is it going to stuck in hte middle? If answer is no then, I would say, it's time for QoS. I don't think that Westel supports it (unlike Acriontec). It looks like (if answer is NO) you are overloading your upload channel and one of routers (either on your premises or on Verizon premises -- I don't know what VZ chosed for traffic shaping) drop packets and it would result in a lot of retransmission (for most of your dowload TCP is  used) or session interruptions, etc. The issue is especially apparent when you run torrents, emules, or similar programs.