DSL dropping every half hour or so...
esgdeck

Over the past two days I have been experiencing intermittent internet disconnects. I'll be browsing the internet when the disconnect happens. I then look to see that my DSL light is no longer on on my modem with the internet light shortly following (though sometimes it stays on while the DSL remains off.) Usually it'll kick back in after ~5-10 minutes. I've tried turning my modem on and off and all that stuff. I've never had this issue with this modem before and I'm pretty sure it's less than a year old. It's gotten to the point now where it'll happen maybe once or twice an hour, it's very random.

Any suggestions? I can offer up more info if necessary. The modem is a N150 Wireless Modem Router that I have connected to my desktop (so it is in fact hardwired, not wireless.) Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
Re: DSL dropping every half hour or so...
witmer612

I've been having the same problem as described.  Every half hour or so for the last two days.  I'm on hold with Verizon at the present time waiting for a tech to answer my call.  Have you found anything that has helped to resolve this issue ???  Good Luck....

0 Likes
chrono1975
I'm having this same problem as well, it started yesterday, everything was fine before yesterday.
0 Likes
stevem125

I am having a problem too. Have the Westell 327 modem. Had trouble about a month ago and they told me the modem is outdated and they would get me a newer one. It started working again and has been ok most of the time but has begun dropping off frequently.

0 Likes
Quarter28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just want to add that the same thing has been happening to me too.  My DSL connection would drop once every hour but it comes back up within 20 seconds or so.  It's getting annoying.  It started happening on Friday August 3rd. 

0 Likes
icermike

Having same problems all weekend, started Friday morning, was totally down for several hours on Friday night (EDT).  Any ideas on how to update the internal software myself, or do I have to call them and let them do it?

0 Likes
Lepouse
Same exact problem I'm having, and when you're trying to watch the Olympics online (because you can't see much on TV live #NBCfail) it makes the day awful. Any ideas?
0 Likes
Defiant1

I'm beyond angry.  I've been told various things for days now.  I have the same issue here in Pittsburgh, PA with it losing service every 20-30 minutes.  First I'm told it's my modem, when I press them, they say they are experiencing problems on their end with their router and it would be fixed today by 11am.  When it wasn't they said it's because I didn't reset my modem, which I did and wasn't told that I would then not be able to get on the internet AT ALL till i called them back and set it back up again.  I do that and finally, am told, "this will fix it, you will have no more problems."  

Wrong.

If this isn't fixed by tomorrow I'm switching to Comcast.  Their communication is as horrible as their service.

0 Likes
EdM3

Same issues here.   I was suspecting it could be an issue with an older (potentially out of date) modem.  Saw a buddy yesterday with same issues.  After reading all these I suspect issue is on their end and hopefully will be resolved soon.

0 Likes
chrono1975
Well, this is the third day this is happening to me now, and still not fixed, I play an MMO with some friends from work, and I can't when I'm getting disconnected every 30 minutes, I know how to fix it though, I'm going to walk on over to the comcast office near by on tuesday and sign up for thier high speed, its about 10x faster if not more than what I'm paying for now, and they seem to have better customer service after talking with them.
0 Likes