DSL dropping several times daily for last three days. Where is the Verizon System Status?
racer41
Enthusiast - Level 1

My DSL is dropping (losing the IP address) several times daily. It has dropped three times in the last few hours. It has been years since I have had DSL problems like this.

There used to be a way to see if Verizon DSL was having problems in a particular area. Something like "System Status". Where is that now?

If Verizon has known problems there is no use in me trying to troubleshoot the problem on my end. So ... please where is the System Status?

Re: DSL dropping several times daily for last three days. Where is the Verizon System Status?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The System Status page hasn't been around for quite a while now. A lot of users have been asking for it back, and I agree that it needs to come back and remain updated.

The most common cause of the issue you are having with your connection would be line sync, which is not a regional issue but tends to be more of a line by line basis. If you can, provide your modem's Transceiver Statistics for us to see, as this will allow us to pinpoint what the problem is. If you don't know how to get this information, just tell us which modem (model) you have.

0 Likes
Re: DSL dropping several times daily for last three days. Where is the Verizon System Status?
racer41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thankyou Smith6612 for the response.

I won't spend any more time looking for System Status.

The modem has not dropped for the last couple days.

As to Transceiver Statistics, I assume I need to login to my Westell 6100.

With my previous Netgear WGR614 I could access the modem at 192.168.1.1 . That does not work with my newer Netgear router. I think now I have to connect the computer directly to the modem to access the modem at 192.168.1.1 . Does that seem right?

When the internet connection was dead, I logged into the router and checked the connection status. It showed all zeros for the IP address (normally shows the current IP address).

The next time it acts up I will copy the Transceiver Statistics and post them.

racer4

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@racer4 wrote:

As to Transceiver Statistics, I assume I need to login to my Westell 6100.

That is correct.

@racer4 wrote:

With my previous Netgear WGR614 I could access the modem at 192.168.1.1 . That does not work with my newer Netgear router.

When the internet connection was dead, I logged into the router and checked the connection status. It showed all zeros for the IP address (normally shows the current IP address).

#1 What is the model of your current Netgear router?

#2 In ther router it should tell you the kind of connection is it.

What is it set to? For example PPPoE or DHCP.

0 Likes
Re: DSL dropping several times daily
PAR65

My DSL service is randomly dropping in and out these days.  What is the reason?  When will the problem be corrected?

0 Likes