DSL is Brutally Slow
Stephen306
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Verizon DSL connection has become very slow in the last several months.  FIOS is not available here so DSL for Verizon is my only option except for switching to my cable provider for internet service which I am about to do if my DSL speed cannot be consistantly improved.

I have spent hours on the phone with customer service (they are always very helpful and patient) as well as speaking with Tier 2 technicians.  I have recievled a new modem and my trunk line connection has been changed several times at wherever that takes place (somewhre in Maryland, I think).  Mys DSL is still slow and inconstistant.  Speedtest.net sometimes shows good speeds but most of the time my DL speed is 1.0 or less (a lot less msot of the time) and my UL is okay at 0.4 or 0.5. 

I have a sales job and work from home 90% of the time and my wife works from home about 20% of the time.  We need good speeds or our company VPN's become unusable. 

I do not want to change ISP's but I'm at the end of my rope with my DSLservice.  Please help if you can.

Thank you.

Re: DSL is Brutally Slow
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Stephen306,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: DSL is Brutally Slow
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Stephen306,

We haven't heard from you since the order to increase your speed went through. It appears your speeds have been fixed, but if you have any other issues feel free to respond in the public thread and we'll get them taken care of.

-Ben

0 Likes