DSL light stays solid green, Internet light drops every hour or two
huenguyen

Should I switch to Fastpath which should solve this issue?

I need some help I hope you can help me out. I have been talking to Verizon central office support and they have been helpful except the issue still exist. The problem is I would stay connected for about 2-3 hours then the internet light would disappear but the DSL light stays solid green.

One person I spoke to from central office told me it wasn't the central office routers or anything from there so it must be the the modem(westell 7500) and they sent me a new one(westell 7500). Today I plugged it in and it ran smoothly for an hour or two then bam again line drops and I would have to reset to have another two hours...

Today they called back to check on how it was going and I told them the problem she did some tweets at the central office and told me she got a GO and everything did ran smoothly until two hours later. She told me that they will call back tomorrow to check in again and if it is still dropping she would reduce my speeds? which should keep it from dropping?

I am on the 1.1-3 plan and she told me she currently sees that I am getting about 3.3

Here are my information.

Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data Path INTERLEAVED

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 3360 416
Margin (dB) 7.1 11.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 58.0 31.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 19.6 11.9

Thank you

Should I switch to Fastpath which should solve this issue?

0 Likes
Re: DSL light stays solid green, Internet light drops every hour or two
huenguyen

Holy cow! No help from verizon what a SHOCKER!!

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

FastPath will only make the trouble the line is having much worse. It's not made to solve dropping issues but is instead made to decrease latency for well-running lines.

You need to see if anything can be done to improve the condition of the line. Either you need to locate your NID and connect the modem to it to see if we can get a two-fold improvement in statistics, or you need to get a Verizon Technician out to examine the line on Verizon's end to see if there is any excess wiring or a problematic portion of the cabling that is causing a problem.

I would suggest posting up your full modem logs (pastebin.com it if you cannot provide it here), so we can see what is dropping. PPPoE or the Physical connection.

0 Likes
pen4090

I have the same problem , your the second person who has said this. I have been on the phone numerous times with verizon and they have been acting like it's an isolated incident. Furthermore, I contacted Verizon they said no tech would be sent and to keep resetting the box and as you have stated that is every hour or so.

0 Likes