DSL service far too slow.
cranmerpd2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had high speed enhanced service (1.1 - 3.1) since december 2015. From the start I have had numerous problems. It started with a tech having to come out to our house to activate the service. I then opted to go with a netgear router that I already had. I had nonstop problems with this router disconnecting multiple times a day. I then switched to the router that verizon had provided me.

The issue was unchanged. The fortunate part was that this router offered a troubleshooting function. I began running the test each time the connection was lost and every time it returned that I had lost connection to the PPPoE server. Resetting the router always corrected the issue.

I then began calling the tech support line. Each time I had to go to all of the standard tests despite calling with the same unresolved issue over and over. Each time I called the technichian indicated he had made some sort of change and after resetting the router I should see a difference. Typically within ≈4 hours the connection dropped again. On what I believe was the 5th call the technichian indictated that he detected an issue with my connection but this time he would schedule a technichian to come and work from here. He believed the issue to be at the CO. 

My wife was due to meet the technichian who called when he was on his way. He asked her to describe the issue and after doing so he indicated that the service that had been scheduled was for our phone service not internet. He told her he did not have the equipment to work on our dsl service. He did tell her that he could stop by the CO and come run a test. 

Upon his arrival he mentioned that he unplugged some lines that weren't being used and that should fix it; he ran a test and declared success. Within hours the connection had dropped again. To this day our connection drops about once a day and many times more. I had given up trying to get this fixed. It was made clear that the techs script was more important than actually fixing my issue. Over the last month or two the issue has evolved to include painfully slow speeds. Not intermittenly slow speeds but constantly. 

I have never seen speeds higher than 1.5Mbps. This is indicated on my router homepage as well. I would think that my service should be capped at 3.1 but thats an issue for another day. Before writing this my download speed was .10Mbps testing again now Im seeing .21. These numbers are consistent with what I have been seeing over the last month plus. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. this issue is NOT resolved by resetting the router.

My frustration has been magnified by a recent call I place on behalf of my mother who lives in the next neighborhood over and is on the CO. My mother has the same service and had been expieriencing some connection issue that I was ab'e tp diagnose to her router. On the call the offered to replace the router at no cost and mentioned that he may be able to adjust her service. Sure enough in the blink of an eye she was pulling down 2.8Mbps.

Why in the world I not be elligible for this? And what can I do about my service. Verizon is my only option but I can not justify paying for this much longer when the speed is so incredibly slow? 

0 Likes
Re: DSL service far too slow.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cranmerpd2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes