DSL setup failure
bdp6740

I am having an problems installing my DSL service.  I am getting no connectivity even though everthing is properly installed.

Currently I have comast internet.  I still have it running because I didn't want to get rid of it until I got my DSL up and running.  However, is it possible that my DSL service is not operating because I still get Comcast service?

0 Likes
Re: DSL setup failure
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bdp6740 wrote:
However, is it possible that my DSL service is not operating because I still get Comcast service?

If I understand everything correctly: If you get landline phone service from Comcast, yes.

0 Likes
bdp6740

no, i do not have a comcast land line.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Notifed admins/mods/ Verizon workers, about this issue and they should get back to you soon.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a Verizon NID somewhere inside or outside of your home? You should be able to find this near your power meter, electrical panel, or your home's common electrical ground. If possible, see if you can connect your DSL modem up to the test jack found in most modern NIDs to see if you get connectivity. If you have an older style NID and are not comfortable with temporarily wiring up a jack, get Verizon out to make sure both your home and the wiring on Verizon's end is connected up.

Also, to make sure we're not riding on a false assumption, do you have a solid DSL light showing up on your modem?