DSL slow to screeching halt
kcrusty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could someone tell me what's happening with Verizon HSI?  For the past two week, I only managed to get download speed of 0.04 Kbs and spordic disconnect.  The tech had already replaced the modem 2 days ago after a cleaned line test, but I am still having the same download speed.  Should I ask them to move me to different PPOE server?   I don't want to go thru those dreadful level 1 questionairre again - customer support always blaming my PCs (even though i have 5 different PC to test and 1 tablet)

0 Likes
Re: DSL slow to screeching halt
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Please post the Transceiver Status from your modem.

#2 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a seperate router: What is the brand and model of it?

0 Likes
kcrusty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Westell 6100G.  it's connected straight to the computer from Ethernet port.  I will post the status later - I am at the office the only place i could get to internet now.

After I've posted  for help in this forum, it miraculously worked up til wednesday night (12/22/2012).  Now,  it back to the same issue:  modem showing connected, but i can not get connection to anywhere; reboot doesn't help. 

0 Likes
kcrusty
Enthusiast - Level 2

transceiver stat:

trans revision:  3.3.6.10.0.1

vendor code: 4d54

line mode: ADSL_G.dmt

Data Path: FAST

down/up

DSL Speed  1184/448

Margin dB 16.7/20.0

Line Attenuation dB 57.1/31.0

Transmit Power DBm 10.2/11.9

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

There's nothing I see wrong with those ststistics. Is PPPoE online at all according to the main status page? Also, is the modem holding an IP address that is NOT a 10.*.*.* address?

0 Likes
kcrusty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally gave in and put in a ticket today (of course routed straight to India)  - i've got a call back stating that there's a network outage.  they'll let me know in 24 to 48 hours on line status.   

kcrusty
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks everyone for trying to help.    network outage is resolved, got my dsl modem replaced 2nd time,  and keep my finger X that it will last longer this time around.  I loves FIOS, but I don't have the daily bandwidth  to justify the cost of getting one. 

0 Likes